According to a recent New York Times article, the popularity of Cannabis edibles is increased rapidly among users since the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are a newcomer, you probably have many questions about cannabis products like “How these cannabis edibles are made?”, “how long does the effect last?”, and “How to grow cannabis edibles and store them?”.
If you have a question related to their storage, in this blog, we are sharing some storage rules that are compatible with all types of cannabis edibles. Here are the best ways to store cannabis edibles:
What are the best Storage Materials for Edibles?
If you provide the cannabis edibles under the right conditions, cannabis-infused goods such as gummies, chocolate, brownies, and root beer may be stored for long periods. The type of cannabis product decide how long it will last and the storage method you choose. Here are some of the most popular ways of storing cannabis edibles:
- Freezer: Many types of cannabis edibles and concentrates can be kept in the freezer for up to several months without losing their quality or flavor. But once you take out them, it’s suggested that you defrost them slowly because sudden temperature changes can impact the taste.
- Airtight Containers: To keep fresh and last long your weed edibles for several weeks, just wrap them in parchment paper and seal them inside a Ziploc bag. Then, keep them in an airtight container.
- Glass Jars: you can also store the edibles in a mason jar or glass container. But make sure to wrap them in parchment paper (wax paper for edibles or aluminum foil) before storing them.
- Silicone Containers: for short-term storage, silicone containers are a great choice. But make sure You should take a container whose size is close to the amount of cannabis you wish to store to avoid moisture buildup.
Usually, Cannabis edible can best be kept fresh in the fridge. Just check the “best before” date on the package label to know how long it will remain fresh as per the manufacturer and simply keep it in your fridge.
Some Important Tips for Storing Cannabis Edibles
Here are some tips that keep your cannabis edibles fresh:
- Avoid transparent containers; use those that do not pass the light.
- Take a look at the date packaging and expiry on all edibles so you know how long you have stored them
- Always purchase edibles from licensed and renowned dispensaries
- If you notice there is no packaging date or expiry date on the package, it may not be fresh.
What are the signs that Edibles are not Fresh?
To ensure your cannabis edibles are still fresh or not, you can check for these signs that they have gone bad:
- Loss or difference in smell
- Condensation droplets in container
- The buildup of mold and mildew
- The texture of edibles is rough, brittle, or dry
How long do edibles last and stay fresh?
Generally, edibles can last and stay fresh up to 3-6 months from their manufacturing date when they are stored properly. After that, the food itself starts to degrade its THC level.
If you buy weed online from a licensed store or dispensary, their product has an expiration date indicating when the product is no longer safe to consume.
Some baked goods, like brownies and cookies, may go stale in a week or so, while gummies can stay fresh for months. If you stock up on edibles, you can put some in the freezer.
Where to Buy Fresh Cannabis Edibles in Canada?
If you are looking for a store or dispensary in Canada that deliver fresh cannabis edibles and products, you can buy weed online from Togoweed. We promise the freshness and purity of the cannabis product, whenever you need it, you can browse us, all types of cannabis edibles are available with great offers. If you buy cannabis edibles in bulk, we also offer great discounts without any shipping charges and early delivery.