Magic mushrooms have a bit of a reputation. Most people are familiar with what they are, and when you say the words “magic mushrooms,” people will know what you are talking about. Visions of intense hallucinations will come to mind when they are brought up.
But magic mushrooms are having a bit of a resurgence. People are learning how to capitalize on their effects without having too strong of a reaction. And, with their growing popularity, the number of ways people can use them is also increasing. Using mushrooms in powder form is one such method. We’ll discuss the benefits this has to offer and what exactly you can do with powdered mushrooms below.
A Look at Magic Mushrooms
Before you start using magic mushrooms in any form, it is important to know what they are and the effect they can have on you.
Magic mushrooms can be cultivated and found in the wild. They are like any other mushroom you may find in nature or at the store, but they have one very unique and vital ingredient: psilocybin.
Psilocybin is a naturally occurring psychoactive and hallucinogenic compound. In fact, it is one of the most well-known and potent hallucinogenics we know of. After we ingest psilocybin, our bodies convert it to psilocin, which we believe influences serotonin levels in the brain. These increased levels are what lead to the strong effects users experience.
Magic mushrooms, often called just shrooms, can cause both physical and mental effects, such as:
- Altered perceptions
- Visual and auditory hallucinations
- Dilated pupils
- Feelings of paranoia and anxiety
- Muscle weakness
The type of effects you experience will be determined by your size, how much you ingest, your age, emotional state, environment, mental health, and more.
Why Use Magic Mushrooms?
Though the effects of shrooms vary greatly, many people have found that taking them in small doses can actually offer many benefits. Users may experience general mood improvement, increased energy, and just overall feeling good.
Dosing is essential to having a positive reaction. Taking too much or using shrooms when you have a history of mental illness or are already anxious can trigger a bad trip or a bad experience.
So, why take the risk and use shrooms? For many, the effects they offer when used correctly are beneficial. You can get some of the same effects as cannabis, but with a stronger, often longer-lasting high.
Powdered Magic Mushrooms
As we mentioned, there are many ways users can use magic mushrooms. Some people will just eat them raw. Others may not enjoy the taste of shrooms and prefer to steep them in tea or use them in their food.
Powdered magic mushrooms are another great option and can actually be used in many different ways. Powdered shrooms are simply chopped-up shrooms, and they are a very versatile product.
While you can make your own shroom powder by grinding up raw shrooms using a coffee grinder or a spice grinder, many people find it much easier just to buy powdered shrooms. Like cannabis, there are different strains of shrooms, so look around for a powder made from a shroom strain you like.
Powdered magic mushrooms are ideal for people who microdose shrooms or take very small amounts of them daily. Because of its form, it is easy for people to measure out and manage their dose, which is an essential part of microdosing with shrooms.
Finally, powdered shrooms tend to last longer and are easier to store than regular shrooms. So, shrooms in powdered form are a good purchase for those who only use small amounts every day.
What Can You Make With Powdered Magic Mushrooms?
Powdered shrooms can be used to make:
- Shroom edibles at home
- Shroom capsules
- Shrooms spices (we have a spice recipe for you, below)
- Shroom-infused drinks and meals
Sprinkle a measured amount out and use it how you like. Though you can make all these shroom products yourself using homemade or purchased shroom powder, you can also buy pre-made shroom edibles and shroom capsules, saving you time and energy.
A Shroom Recipe Just for You
Magic mushroom powder refers to mushrooms in powder form and is also a popular recipe for them. This spice blend can be used in soup, added to foods, and used as a replacement for salt in many dishes – all while offering the effects shrooms have to offer.
Before making and using this recipe:
- Remember that dosing is important.
- Adjust the amount of shrooms you use if you feel less will be better for you. This recipe will make about four cups, so divide the amount of shrooms you use with how many servings you plan to make from this to know how much will be in every serving.
- Use only one serving (or less) every time you use it.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 ounces of magic mushrooms
- 2 cups Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Glass mixing bowls
- Food processor
- Label paper
- Jars to store it
- Parchment paper
Now, let’s get started:
- Measure out all of your ingredients and have them ready to use.
- Add the mushrooms to your food processor and blend until uniform in size. Make sure your lid is on tight so you don’t inhale the dust.
- Let your processor run for about two minutes, so the shrooms break down into a powder.
- Let the shrooms settle before opening the lid.
- Combine salt and mushroom powder in a large bowl.
- Add in the pepper flakes, thyme, and pepper.
- Stir well with your spoon until everything is combined.
- Scoop into your storage container
- Label the container with what it contains, how many shrooms are in each serving, and the date you made it.
Use the powder as desired, adhering to your serving size. Be sure anyone you serve food cooked with your magic mushroom powder to is aware of what is in it. Enjoy!