One thing you must know about salted caramel marijuana muffins is that they are delicious!
If you get them when freshly made, nothing comes close. You can have them any time of the day, during breakfast, or a snack during the day. Although many people love muffins for the buttery taste and sugar rush, cannabis muffins must be different. They lean towards the healthier side with less fat and sugar. Yet, this does not take away from their taste because they are still very delicious.
This recipe is quite easy. It serves four people and takes an hour to do.
Tools or Equipment You Need
- Measuring cup
- Weighing scale
- Frying pan or saucepan
- A whisk
- Muffin tray with cups
- Strainer or cheesecloth
- 2 bowls
- Ice cream scoop
- Serving tray
- ¼ cup pure vegetable or canola oil
- 6 grams of ground cannabis
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg or two small ones
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salted caramel
- With the ingredients ready, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The next thing is to infuse cannabis into vegetable oil. Get the oil and pour it onto the saucepan or frying pan. Add the ground cannabis into the oil and mix thoroughly. Put the pan inside the hot oven and wait for the mixture to simmer for about 30 minutes. As the mixture boils, the fat-soluble THC transfers from the oil. Heat also helps decarboxylate the THCA in the weed into active THC. Without decarboxylation, the weed would not produce that extra kick.
- After 30 minutes, get the oil mixture from the oven and allow it to cool. Once cooled, get a strainer or folded cheesecloth and run the mixture through it. With a spoon, tamp the plant matter left on the strainer or cloth, which allows more oil to pass through. The strainer should have very fine meshes that do not allow even the tiniest particles through. Just to be sure, you may use both strainer and cheesecloth. When done, discard the plant waste and preserve the oil. Do not turn off the oven because you will need it in a little while.
- Spray your muffin tray with a cooking spray to make it non-stick. Alternatively, line the muffin tray with some muffin papers. Choose the colorful festive ones if you can to add some “zazz” to your weed experience.
- Get the butter and then put it in a large microwave-safe bowl. Melt the butter by heating it inside the oven for one minute.
In a bowl or measuring jug, mix all your wet ingredients. Pour in the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and cannabis-infused oil. Add the melted butter to the wet ingredients also. Whisk the contents of the bowl or jug and then set it aside.
- In another bowl, sift in the dry ingredients. These are the flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. After sifting, give it a quick mix. Ideally, this bowl should be large because this is where you will pour in the wet ingredients. If you have cake flour, no need to add baking soda. Just sift the cake flour in a large bowl. Add the cup of brown sugar and mix it in.
- Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk the mixture only until there are no more lumps. Do not over mix to avoid forming gluten. The muffin cake mixture should be thick.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, pour the muffin mixture into the muffin cups. Only fill ¾ of the cups. Transfer the muffin tray into your heated oven and bake them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, open the oven door and, with a mitten on, give the tray a 180-degree turn. The turn ensures that all the muffins get the same temperatures.
- After 20 minutes, take out the tray. The muffins should be a delightful golden brown. The tops should be domed, and an inserted toothpick should come out clean. There should not be any wet batter on it. Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes before taking them out of the pan. Muffins detach from the pan better when you allow them cool.
- Take out the muffins, and put them in a tray. Pour the melted salted caramel on them. However, only pour the caramel when you’re ready to eat the muffins. If you do this and leave them out for a long time, they may get soggy.
It’s best to eat your salted caramel marijuana muffins fresh. So, if there are any leftovers, store them in an airtight container. They remain viable for five days at room temperature but could stay for up to four months in a freezer.
Perks of Consuming Salted Caramel Marijuana Muffins
Marijuana muffins, like other cannabis edibles, are suitable for people who want the “high” without having to smoke or vape. Edibles do not pose any threat to your respiratory system. Also, you have the opportunity to choose the active ingredient you desire, whether THC or CBD. It all depends on the weed strain and the concentration you choose. Muffins are also discreet and do not leave a lingering smoke smell on your breath. You can get high without letting those around you know.
Remember that the experience with edibles differs greatly from that of other cannabis products. Edibles have a more intense high that lasts longer than what you get from smoking. Also, despite being more intense, it takes longer for the high to set in with edibles. Typically, you may have to wait for 30 minutes to an hour before feeling any effects. Since muffins have to be digested like other foods, the effects are often delayed. Do not assume that cannabis is not working and consume more cake. The full effects should be evident in three to four hours. Expect an intense experience, although this too depends on the concentration of your weed. It’s safer to calculate your dosage per edible to avoid overconsumption.
Generally, the high from an edible lasts six to eight hours. Experts advise waiting at least 24 hours before taking another dose. As with any other marijuana product, start small and graduate to higher doses gradually.
For quality marijuana and dosing advice, contact Togo Weed. We stock some of the best weed strains and products in the country.